Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Party

Yesterday our friends The Staudt Family had their annual Halloween Party which is always a good time.  It was a beautiful afternoon for an outdoor party and the kids had a blast.  This year Julia decided she wanted to be Cinderella and I found this super cute lion costume for Andrew that has a cute little tail on the back that I need to make sure I get a photo of him from behind.  Two little cuties and Daddy all ready for the party.


Julia was eyeing all the yummy treats.


The kids were dumping in some fruit to make the witches brew (aka juice).


Best activity at the party...eating donuts on a string.  Julia did fantastic not using her hands but later kept asking me why she couldn't use her hands.


Licking those lips...yummy!


A great big bite.  I'm not quite sure that's how the 'real' Cinderella would eat a donut but it works.  Actually both my kids did great with eating the donut on a string but maybe that's because Julia has only had a few donuts in her life and Andrew has never even had a donut.


My friend Katie (the host) and her daughter Lyla.  Lyla did quite well eating her donut too.  Actually many of the younger kids did awesome.


Andrew is trying to decide if he wants to participate.  First, he touches it.


Second, he licks his fingers to give it a taste.


Third, he says that's yummy I'm going to eat it without touching it like everyone else.


Fourth, forget about not touching the donut.  This is yummy and I just want to eat it.


Andrew found a little chair that he enjoyed sitting in.


Julia and Liam eating lunch together.  They've know each other since they were about 8 months old.


Quick family photo as Andrew is trying to escape.


Andrew has recently learned how to climb up onto chairs and rather than sitting he likes to stand.  Just the other day he tried to stand on top of their little table.  We need to keep an eye on him...he's a little climber and tries things Julia would never even think of doing.  I guess it's a boy thing.


Two Cinderella princesses.  Julia with Whitney who lives down the street.  We had such a fun time at the party and thanks to The Staudt Family for hosting!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I already commented on these, but I loved the donut pictures, it looks very hard to do. I bet Thomas wanted to try it too. I am glad that Julia still sees Liam and Whitney, cute kids, where is Caroline? Andrew looks right at home in the little lawn chair.

    ReplyDelete