Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cumming Fair

On Saturday morning I volunteered at the Cumming Fair for Julia's ballet school and then Thomas brought the kids once I was almost done working.  We've only been to the fair once (I think) and that was after we first moved here in 1998 and we didn't think it was anything special so we never went back.  Well, well having kids changes everything.  Since we went to Lake Winnie at the end of the summer I knew Julia would love the rides so I decided we would make an appearance at the fair this year.  I must say I was quite surprised with the number of rides they had for kids Julia's age.  I thought there would only be a few but there were lots of rides that were perfect for her.  We first stopped at Nemo and she enjoyed it.  Thomas had already put Andrew and Julia on the boats while I was finishing up with Cumming Dance Academy and Andrew didn't enjoy it so we decided against riding Nemo.

 
Next up, Julia's first roller coaster ride...the caterpillar.  Thomas wasn't quite sure Julia was ready but we watched it and I asked her if she wanted to ride it and she said yes.  She wasn't scared and she had a great time.


This photo shows how much fun she had on her first roller coaster ride.  After the roller coaster ride Thomas took Andrew home for his nap while Julia and I stayed for some fair fun!


As we went on more rides we met up with a little girl while in line named Hannah and rode many rides with her since it was two kids ride for the price of one.  She was about a year younger but Julia enjoyed having someone to go on the rides with her.


One last ride before we head out.  The Cumming Fair definitely surprised me this year with how much fun it was for Julia.  It's definitely pricey but we had loads of fun!  I think we'll be going back again next year.  Julia being as sweet as she is said, 'Thank you for taking me to the fair.'  

1 comment:

  1. I always loved rides, but not Bill and I am not sure that they are a favorite of Thomas either. Brian really likes them. I am so happy to see that Julia has a little wild girl streak in her, I guess she got it from you!
    I just hear her telling you thank you, she is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete