Monday, September 15, 2014

OWL of the Week

Each student in Mrs. Parker's Kindergarten class gets a chance to be OWL (Outstanding Wise Learner) of the week.  Julia was so excited when it was her turn.  Each day they do something to recognize the OWL of the week.  On Monday she shared her poster so the class could learn more about her.  Tuesday the teacher read her favorite book which she picked If I Could Keep You Little and on Wednesday they invite the parents to lunch and on Thursday they read a special letter written by a family member or a friend and on Friday the class comes up with words to describe Julia.  Julia loved being the OWL of the week and felt super special.  Here's her poster that we worked on over the weekend and the letter my sister wrote to Julia during her special week!  It's the sweetest!


Julia

It's your Aunt Kimberly and I wanted to write you a letter during your special week. 

I remember the day you were born. I spoke to your mommy and daddy and asked them your name. When they said Julia Kimberly Brown...I thought it was the sweetest name ever. I can't believe we share the name Kimberly. I also remember holding you when you were a baby and it made me really want to have a baby. 

I have so many great memories of you but here are three: 

1) I love the way you played with Victoria during our visit to Atlanta and our beach trip. You are such a caring and funny little girl. And you came up with the wiggle dance which made everyone laugh!

2) I love how you take care of Alexander and Andrew. I have so many pictures of you holding their hands and it makes your parents, Uncle Bradley and I smile. 

3) I remember when you gave gifts to Alexander and Victoria. You always seemed so excited to give them presents which means you have a sweet gentle heart. I hope you remember how good it feels to give others presents as you get older. 

We are so proud of you being in kindergarten. Remember to listen to your teachers and be nice to everybody as everybody needs a friend like Julia Kimberly Brown! You are a wonderful niece and I'm so happy I know you. 

Love, Aunt Kimberly (and Uncle Bradley, Alexander and Victoria)
Oh, Alexander says hi and wants to come visit!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad Julia had her time in the spotlight, very nice opportunity for her. I had already read the letter from Kim on FB, it is very touching.

    ReplyDelete