Friday, June 6, 2014

Safety Town

A few years after we moved down to Georgia I taught Safety Town in the summer for a couple years.  It was a camp offered to kids who were entering kindergarten and everyday they learned about a different safety such as stranger danger, poison, body safety, gun control, fire safety and much more.  Even back them I always knew when I had kids I wanted them to attend this camp.  It was a week long from 9-12 and Julia was actually quite hesitant about going...she even cried.  I felt horrible but I know it's good for her to go and do new things.  It made me sad when she had some tears in her eyes when I left her the first day but I was so glad when I picked her up and she had fun.  She is definitely timid when it comes to new situations...especially when she doesn't know anybody.  I am hoping she knows at least one person in her class once school starts in August because it will make a huge difference for her.


So proud of my Safety Town girl and we loved hearing about what she learned each day.  She was super cute saying Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the Area, Tell an Adult for gun safety.  It's actually kinda sad we need to teach our kids about gun safety especially since Julia didn't even know what a gun really was but obviously we want to protect her and keep her safe.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you were doing Safety Town, we were visiting one year while it was running. Glad Julia went, you can never be too safe anymore.

    ReplyDelete