Tuesday, June 3, 2014

All About Andrew

I though I would write a little more about our sweet guy Andrew for those who don't know him as well as us.  The first word that comes to mind when I think of Andrew is fun or funny.  For a little boy he has said and done some things that just make Thomas and I laugh and he definitely has a fun personality and outlook on life.  He usually wakes up each day at 6:30 and takes one nap around 2-4 and goes to bed at 9.  Andrew loves to snuggle when he wakes up from nap since we always have to wake him up...I don't want him sleeping too long and have trouble going to bed at night.  Right now after a story, some snuggling and a few songs we lie him down and goes right to bed.  Andrew is definitely one who likes to snuggle and cuddle throughout the day and I love that because before long I know he won't be interested in cuddling with Mommy and Daddy.  He loves his lovey he got from Julia when he was born and honestly carries it around all the time and he even has a favorite corner.  He puts it down while playing but not for all that long.  I know Thomas thinks he should leave it in his crib but it doesn't bother me at all...I'm just glad he doesn't suck his thumb.  He usually does fine when we ask him to leave it behind so it's no big deal.  Andrew is a big breakfast eater but not as big of a dinner eater but that seems to be changing a bit.  He is definitely a picker eater in my opinion but he has been eating more vegetables likes carrots, green beans, tomatoes, and green peppers so that's been good.  His favorite food by far is noodles and almost every night he asks me if we're having noodles for dinner. Andrew absolutely has a sweet tooth and loves dessert of any kind thus far.  He is potty trained and only wears a diaper to bed but probably doesn't need to since he wakes up dry most of the time.  It was quite a challenge potty training Andrew and he struggled for a while pooping in the potty but thankfully he's mastered that and he's doing great now and staying clean and dry.  I'm so glad the potty training days are over for us!  Many times Andrew and Julia play great together and he goes along with whatever Julia wants to play and seems to be very easy going.  His favorite TV show is Paw Patrol and he loves the break the ice song from Frozen.  We're working on learning the alphabet and he knows A,B,C and D and a few others like J but he hasn't been as interested in learning time as Julia so I don't push it.  We've worked on numbers too and some counting and he knows all his colors.  He's going to start preschool in September and will be going three days a week and we're hoping he gets the same teachers Julia had when she was three...they were awesome!  I'm going to miss having my side kick with me all the time but I'll be able to get somethings done on my own and hopefully volunteer in Julia's classroom too.  Andrew is such a sweet boy who also likes to pretend to be a pirate and a little bit of a tougher side shows through.  I'm sure I left out some big things about him but at least it allows you to know Andrew a bit better than before.  We sure love our boy and feel blessed to be his parents and we love the fun he adds to our family.

1 comment:

  1. My sweet little Andrew. I was just looking at his baby pictures last night. I got to enjoy that for a while because he has grown up way too fast for me.

    ReplyDelete