Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oatmeal Anyone?

Andrew is just over 6 months so today he ate oatmeal for the first time. I can't believe he's already 6 months and ready for solids...time is going by quickly. Here he is right before his first bite of food.


He ate in his pajamas since I knew he would get a bit messy. No sense in getting him dressed just to change him right away. Plus we were heading out to a birthday party soon after so we didn't want oatmeal all over his clothes.


Of course he got a bit messy...don't they all the first time they eat? Andrew did quite well for his first time and I'm sure he'll be happy to eat some more oatmeal tomorrow. I bet he's going to love the fruits and vegetables!


I love this picture with his big smile..it just makes me smile! He's such a happy, smiley little boy.

Eating solids is just one of the many milestones along the way to growing up and as each one comes and goes it's exciting but also a bit sad as well because it's a small reminder that my little babies are growing up. We love this guy and can't imagine our life without him.

1 comment:

  1. I love these shots of the famous first supper. I am trying to make a slideshow of them, if I can figure it out. I planned to send it to people in an email.

    ReplyDelete