Sunday, May 1, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Friday, April 29th we moved Julia into her big girl bed. Here she is helping Daddy get her new bed ready. She was excited to have a big bed just like Mommy and Daddy. It took a while to take apart her crib and set up the new bed so she got to bed a bit late on Friday night. Looking back we would have done it on a Saturday when there was more time but it all worked out fine.


Here's Julia lying on her big bed before bath on Friday night. She kept saying 'big bed.'


Does she look cute or what in her big bed?


Reading a story in the big bed on Friday night. A few tears were shed by Mommy after I left the room as it's just another reminder of my little girl growing up. It was exciting but pretty sad as well. I remember bringing her home from the hospital and putting her in her crib and she looked so small in there and now she's in a bed...she's growing up and rather quickly. Gets me teary eyed just thinking about it.


Saturday afternoon nap and I decided to take a picture to see how little my girl is compared to her bed. Let's just say she has plenty of room and there's lots of room for Mommy and Daddy to lay down when she gets upset in the middle of the night. The only trouble is I'll probably just fall asleep and stay there the rest of the night.


Lately when Julia wakes up from her afternoon nap she wants to read another story. I snapped a picture of her right before we were about to read another Curious George book.

2 comments:

  1. Now you got me crying too, but she looks like she is really enjoying being a "big girl". I like all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a queen bed so there's lots of room.

    ReplyDelete