Friday, August 26, 2016

Open House for Andrew

Open House for Andrew wasn't what I expected but it all worked out in the end.  This year Andrew is at First Baptist Church in the young 5's class.  His teachers are Mrs. Lyons and Mrs. Ringel.  Mrs. Lyons is the lead teacher on the left and Mrs. Ringel is the assistant on the right.  Mrs. Lyons is new at the preschool but she's taught at another preschool before and Mrs. Ringel has been at First Baptist for a while and everyone says you will absolutely love her...she's the sweetest!  Since I am working at the preschool now I wasn't able to take Andrew to his class during the 'normal' time and Thomas had a meeting downtown that day so he couldn't take him either.  The preschool provided childcare for teachers kids but needless to say Andrew would not go in the room and all he wanted to do was go to his classroom.  I walked him back to his classroom and his teachers said he could just hang out in there and do the scavenger hunt with them and then play in there while I was meeting my kids in my classroom.  As I went back to my classroom with tears in my eyes I had to pull it together so I could meet my new little friends.  I am beyond thankful for his two teachers who more than happily let him stay in there and just play because after all that's where he wanted to be.  It looks like he has the sweetest teachers ever and we're looking forward to an amazing last year at the preschool for this little guy.


Andrew is in the bear paw room this year and he's excited to start back at school since Julia has been going for a few weeks now.


Andrew was thrilled to have Chase who is one of his best friends in his class again this year.  I'm ecstatic for him to have a good friend in his class too!


These two buddies are going to have a blast!


While I was in my classroom meeting my new students Andrew did a few activities in his class and then played with the cars.  He was more than happy to be there which helped out with the Mommy guilt I was feeling.  Overall a great morning and I absolutely love how sweet his teachers are this year.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Andrew is growing up. I am so glad that Chase is in his class too. His teachers look very nice from the picture and it was so accommodating that they let him stay without a parent being present. Right off the bat they are showing how kind and considerate.

    ReplyDelete