Monday, May 23, 2016

Julia's Field Day

Originally field day was scheduled for Friday but had to be postponed to Monday since it was a rainy day.  Thomas was supposed to volunteer on Friday but with it being rescheduled to Monday he couldn't help out because of some meetings.  Julia was a bit bummed about that but Andrew and I went for the whole time and Thomas managed to make it for a while to watch her complete a few events.


Julia and Braya working together...teamwork.


Dribbling a ball.  She did well but something we can definitely work on at home.


She said this was one of her favorite activities.


Not quite sure what was going on here.


Another event was the hula hoop.  I looked over and Julia was balancing it for a while so I had to snap a picture.  She did much better at this than last year.


I was actually quite impressed with how much she improved.


Having loads of fun showing off her hula hooping abilities.


I think this one is called chicken football.  Calder vs. Julia


Hop with a ball between your legs...so funny.


Balance an egg on a spoon with your hand on your head.


The younger siblings who were watching even got a chance to participate in the egg balancing event.

Julia and her best friend from first grade Braya.  Julia doesn't go nuts over field day like some kids but she had a great time.  

1 comment:

  1. I used to love to hula hoop and won a contest one time when I was a little bit older than Julia. I love the picture of Julia and Braya. Also I noticed Case was in the picture behind Andrew. I'm so glad I got to meet some of their friends during my recent visit, they are all very cute.

    ReplyDelete