Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sandestin...Day 4

We started off another morning by doing some kayaking.  This time Thomas took both kids so I could actually get in a bike ride.  I like biking with Julia but as one can imagine I need to go very slow and she gets worried someone is going to hit her even though I reassure her she is absolutely fine.  She is definitely my cautious girl!


Instead we met at a little island not far away and checked out the tree house and the swing before I continued on my bike ride around the resort.


Andrew was the first to try out the swing.


Julia really enjoyed it too!


Even Dad got in on the fun.


My turn!


We headed back to our place and had some lunch and made our way to the pool.  The beach was very crowded unless you went at off times so we went to the pool instead since the kids got these torpedoes the night before and wanted to check them out.


Andrew was throwing the torpedoes and Julia was swimming under water to get them.  She's the one on the right under water.


Andrew had a little nap in the car before dinner since he wasn't interested in napping at nap time.  He was quite focused coloring while waiting for dinner.


After dinner we went down to the beach for a few photos.


Such sweet kids!


One family picture on our last night!  Of course Andrew got his shorts wet and Julia was completely dry.  It always makes me chuckle at the differences in their personalities...absolutely love them both!


After a few beach pictures we hit the arcade and played a few games.  Julia and Andrew loved playing air hockey.  Going to the arcade reminded me of when I was little and went to York Beach, Maine to visit my uncle and we always went to the beach during the day and went to the arcade at night and played skee ball and air hockey.  Such fun memories from my childhood!

2 comments:

  1. That was a fun day! (Thomas).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the kids got some torpedos I remember how much they liked the one at our pool. A tree house, that place surely had a lot of interesting things for kids.

    ReplyDelete