Thursday, January 24, 2013

Julia's Birthday at School

On Thursday, January 24th I got to go into Julia's class and celebrate her birthday with her school friends.  I made mini brownie cupcakes with vanilla frosting and of course pink sprinkles on top.  Lots of pink sprinkles.  After lunch and the special birthday treat I read two books to the class...Fancy Nancy and Pinkalicious.  So fun going into her class and watching her in that environment.  I must say I was so proud of her.  She did such a great job with following directions and listening to the teacher and in general just knowing what to do.


 Enjoying her birthday treat...mini brownie cupcakes.  Yummy!


I had so much fun during my visit to her class and later that night when I asked what was her favorite part of the day she said when I came into her class.  As she gets older I know she won't like having me around but for now I'm so glad it was her favorite part of the day.  The day she doesn't really want me around is going to make me so sad even though I know it's just a normal part of growing up.

3 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look GREAT! You can tell how excited Julia was by the look on her face, too cute. How did the boys on the class respond to the books, did they listen? I am so glad that Julia is such a girly girl. I think Julia will always want you around Nicole, you are very important to her and she loves you very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are only three boys in her class but everyone listened very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must be very well behaved boys, do they do really boyish things for their birthdays? I am very curious as to how the girls would respond to that, too.

      Delete