Monday, May 4, 2015

Mexico 40th Birthday Trip

Turning 40 is a milestone birthday, right?  My sister and I thought we deserved a kid free vacation so we booked a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  It was definitely hard leaving with Julia crying and being so sad but I enjoyed a relaxing four day break.


I loved our balcony and our view of the ocean.  We ate breakfast out there everyday which was lovely.


Relaxing on the hammock before heading into shower.


This is how I spent a ton of my time while in Mexico.  Just relaxing on the beach and reading a book....it was great!


On our way to para sailing!  Something I've always wanted to do so my sister agreed to join me.  


It was definitely fun getting lifted off the boat and into the air.


Selfie while high up!


Painted toes and the beautiful water below.


Yes, we actually looked presentable in the evenings and went out to different restaurants each night along with some shopping.


On our last full day we rode the Collectivo (like a small bus) to Tulum to check out the ruins.  Here's a group of Mexcians doing some stunt.


Hanging upside down, I don't really know the significance of it but it was neat to watch.


Entering Tulum.


Inside Tulum.


There were tons of these lizard type animals in Tulum.


Great views!


What a fun day but very hot!


Walkway.


The ruins.


Lots of great old structures.


Ready to explore the beach.


The water was gorgeous on the beach.


Our view from inside our hotel.


A typical street in Mexico.


Another street in Mexico.


Yes, I saw a man riding one of these filled with bags and bags of limes but didn't think to take a photo.  Life is definitely different in Mexico which is a poorer country. It was great being able to explore the area some to see how they live.  It was definitely a great trip and it was very relaxing.  So glad I got to experience Mexico with my sister

1 comment:

  1. Wow, who are those hot babes on the beach in Mexico? Remember, what happened in Mexico stays in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete