Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Reflections Winner

Each year they have a Reflections Competition at the schools and after explaining to Julia what it was I asked if she wanted to enter and she said yes.  The theme for this year was How Can You Make the World a Better Place?  Julia said the world would be a better place if more people were helpful.  Then she drew this picture of a girl who was shopping and dropped her money and a boy helped her pick it up.  We filled out the form and matted the picture and entered it into the competition for visual arts.


One evening after school they had a gallery where you could go and see all the entries and then they announced first and second place for each category and each grade level.  I told Julia you may or may not get a ribbon but she got a spirit stick for participating and it was something fun since she likes to draw.  I just wanted to prepare her for not getting a ribbon so she wouldn't be sad or upset and she told me 'I hope I get one.'  Of course I told her I hope you get one too but it's fine if you don't because you had a good time and that's all that counts.


Well her drawing won second place for kindergarten at her school and she was absolutely thrilled.  She was so shy walking up towards the stage to get her ribbon but she was one happy girl!  So proud of Julia!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea! Julia is acting so grown up. Thomas was never shy when he was younger, he loved the lime light.

    ReplyDelete