Saturday, November 9, 2013

Texas Trip...Cousin Time

It's been about 4 years since we've made the 12 hour drive to Texas to visit my sister.  Of course we've seen her since then many times but the last time we drove there was for Christmas before Julia turned one and now she's almost 5 years old...kinda hard to believe.  We had plans to try and drive overnight but that didn't work and we got a hotel in Mobile, Alabama and did the rest the next day.  It's just too long of a drive for the kids who are trapped in a car seat and can't move at all.  My niece Victoria was getting baptized and we're the Godparents so we extended our visit a bit to enjoy some time with family.  Despite the long drive it was well worth it!  Lots of fun!  Lots of photos of the cousins during our visit.  


Both Julia and Andrew LOVED Victoria.  I knew Julia would but I was a little surprised by how much Andrew loved her too.  If Victoria wasn't around he would ask, 'Where's Victoria?'  If I was carrying her he would want me to get on my knees so he could see her better.  It was super cute!


Sweet Victoria wearing one of the many outfits Julia wore as a baby.  Made me smile but also a little sad at the same time.  Julia loved picking out Victoria clothes each day!


Alexander loved Julia and always wanted her to play.


The boys enjoying breakfast.  Julia is definitely my love bug who likes to sleep in.  Alexander was always wondering when Julia was going to wake up.


3 of the 4 cousins....Julia still sleeping.  She took a nap in the car the day before so she went to bed late hence the sleeping in.


Andrew's mad face.  Not even sure he was really mad about anything but once he made the face I had to take a photo since I've been wanting a mad face photo.


Alexander and Julia....there was some hugging and wrestling between these two kiddos.


Julia's first time holding Victoria...she loved it!


Andrew's first time holding Victoria...he loved it too!


The boys taking the kids to the park while the moms hit the grocery store with Victoria.


Julia and Andrew admiring their cousin Victoria.  


The girls ready for bed.


Julia giving Victoria some love.


The big kids having a snack.  Who can eat the most cuties?


Our train conductor Andrew.  He loved Alexander's train costume.  All aboard.


Costume time. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved all the pictures, especially the mad face on Andrew. Grandpa liked the train costume, too. He laughed when I showed him both of these pictures. I think I know a good Xmas gift for Andrew!

    ReplyDelete