Monday, September 5, 2016

Apple Picking

We had such a fun day going up to Blue Ridge to go apple picking at Mercier Orchards as a family.  It's about an hour away but it's well worth the drive as we were able to pick Macintosh apples...my favorite!


Me and my sweet kiddos.  Love them more than life!


What are these two silly ones up to?


Yes, that's me in the apple tree with Andrew on my shoulders picking the best apples ever.


My little apple picker.


Fun times for sure.


Julia wanted to take some pictures too.


In front of the row of Macintosh apples with our bag packed.


Love these two!


Julia always finds some special apples so her and Andrew are holding the baby apples which she says are her and Andrew.


Now she's holding the Daddy and Mommy apple.  The Daddy is on the left and me the Mommy is on the right.  She's so funny!


Admiring her special apples.


That bag of apples was heavy after carrying it for a while.  We're ready to go back to the store for some apple cider.


Hayride back from the orchard.


A nice relaxing spot in the shade with a cool breeze and music playing in downtown Blue Ridge while Mommy went into a few shops.  What a great family day!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures! I'm glad you got to pick macintosh apples. I get some Zestas last week and they are very good. I haven't made any pies because I can't eat the crust anymore, being gluten-free stinks. I'll have to settle for some apple crisp.

    ReplyDelete