Sunday, November 21, 2010

Atlantic Station Christmas Tree Lighting

Last night we went downtown to see the tree lighting at Atlantic Station. Luckily Thomas agreed to go since I already dragged him to the tree lighting at The Avenues right near our house the weekend before. But I made these plans before he told me that he only goes to one tree lighting a year. It must be my lucky year since he's been to two already. The deal wasn't all that bad since he got to check out this pizza place in Atlanta that he's been wanting to go to for over a year. I must say the pizza was awesome, we all loved it. Here's Julia's giving daddy a hug after she got her star wand. Only a $5 donation to Make A Wish Foundation...what a deal and it goes towards a good cause. You'll see the star a bunch in the other pictures...she loved it! Oh, Kim that's the jacket you got for Julia last year at the Gap. It's so cute...we love it!


Daddy and Julia went for a ride on the Steel Mill X-press choo choo train and had lots of fun. Mommy stayed behind and took some photos.


As the train came back you can tell by the look on their faces that they had a blast!


It didn't take long for Julia to figure out how to turn the star on, off, or make the lights flash. She had so much fun playing with it!


If you look closely at her mouth she's about to stay star. She walked all around last night carrying her star and saying star.


Often times when Julia is getting her picture taken she'll say 'cheese' and here she is doing it again...super cute!


They lit the tree and it was so pretty. Julia looks a like sleepy and I thought she'd fall asleep on the ride home but she stayed awake playing with Elmo and her star.


The tree was so pretty and I'm sure you're wondering about the snow. It's kinda hard to believe it snowed in Atlanta in November. Well it's snow alright but not the real stuff!

2 comments:

  1. The first thing I have to say is that the tree snob Thomas looks like he is having as much fun as Julia, I love the pic of them returning after the ride on the train. I think they are beautiful pictures and I hope the star is still working when I come so I can try it out. Tell Kim that I love the coat, it is very cute. That is the prettiest tree I have ever seen and the snow looks real. Thanks for sharing this with us on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Thomas had more fun than he expected...we all did.

    ReplyDelete